Academy of European Public Law
21 August -10 September, 2017
Combine your Summer Study with the Best of Greece:
Athens, Sounion & a Greek Island, all in one summer session!
For the 23rd consecutive year the European Public Law Organization is operating the 2017 Academy of European Public Law which is carried out, between the months of August and September, each year, by the EPLO in Athens, Sounion and Spetses Island, in Greece.
World-Class Academics & Up to Date Curricula from the most Prestigious Universities of the World
Founded in 1995, the Academy is the most historic and established education institution of the European Public Law Organization (EPLO). The Academy offers 3-week summer study sessions for those interested in furthering their knowledge on the philosophical backdrop of different European national public law systems, as well as on their commonalities and differences.
Students may obtain a Certificate of Attendance for the attendance of one session, or, an Intensive International Master of Laws (I.I.LL.M.) in European Public Law, a diploma level degree, following the attendance of two sessions and the defense of a dissertation.
The program consists of two 1-week intensive teaching sessions plus a one-day seminar delivered by a guest lecturer on various topics. At the end of each session students will be tested in the form of an essay. The final session requires attendance at the Annual Reunion of the European Group of Public Law conducted in the Spetses island.
Intensive Modules will be provided by:
- Prof. Ciarán Burke (Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena) on the topic “From custom to certainty – an effective international law for the 21 century”.
- Prof. Thomas Perroud (Université Aix Marseille) on “New perspectives in administrative law”.
- 3 weeks of quality study and at the same time a visit to the Best of Greece: Athens, Sounion & Greek Island, all-in-one trip!
- Update yourself on the most recent curriculum on European Public Law
- Learn from world-class academics from the most prestigious universities of the world
- Attend a unique international conference, at the island of Spetses, and interact with renowned jurists, judges & law academics from all around the world
- Pursue a diploma level degree ( I.I.LL.M) without compromising your personal or professional obligations
- Enjoy your stay at a place of spectacular heritage which combines sea, sun, and history
Eligible applicants to both programs should hold a graduate or postgraduate degree in law, or political science, European studies, international affairs and other related fields. In addition, eligible applicants should be proficient in English for academic purposes and have working knowledge of French or be proficient in French for academic purposes and have working knowledge of English.