International collaboration is one of the main tasks of National University “Odesa Law Academy”. Coordination of activities of the University in area of international collaboration is executed by International Relations Office that is subordinated to Vice-rector for International Relations.
In 1997-2004 LL.D, Professor Mark P. Orzikh was Vice-rector for International Relations of National University “Odesa Law Academy”.
Since 2005 LL.D, Professor Vyacheslav O. Tulyakov has been Vice-rector for International Relations.
Staff section of International Relations Office includes: Head of the Office and senior international relations officers.
Since 2002 PhD, Associate Professor Vadym R. Barskyy has been Head of International Relations Office.
The objective of the structural unit is promotion of international relations and cooperation in context of integration into world and European educational environment, implementation of the Bologna Declaration.
The main objectives of the structural unit are:
- Planning and organizing scientific cooperation with foreign universities, research institutions, foundations, governmental and nongovernmental international organizations;
- Planning and organizing international scientific events (conferences, symposiums, scientific and practical seminars, roundtables, etc.);
- Planning and organizing international educational student activities (summer schools, court models, thematic seminars, courses of foreign visiting lecturers, language courses);
- Planning and organizing academic exchanges;
-Organizational and methodological assistance to members of academic exchanges, international student competitions and budget program 2201250 "Education and training of students, PhD students and teaching staff abroad";
- Protocol support of official visits of foreign delegations to the University;
- Correspondence on international cooperation, contract work in the area of international cooperation.
- Promotion of Ukrainian legal scientific and educational school (support of the official website, participation in educational exhibitions, public awareness about the achievements of the University in area of international cooperation in the national media, placing information materials about the University in foreign media, promotion of scientific and teaching literature exchange with foreign partners);
- Vocational work with applicants-foreigners, organizational and educational work with students-foreigners;
- Organizational assistance to persons who obtained higher education abroad in successful nostrification procedure of their documents;
- Organizational assistance to persons who graduated from the University in the successful legalization of their documents.
The result of active international cooperation of National University "Odesa Law Academy" was receiving the "European quality" award from the Council of Rectors of Europe in 2008, silver medal in category "International Cooperation in Education and Science" in XX International Exhibition "Education and Career - 2011", award in category "Leaders of International Activities" within the III International exhibition "Modern Education Institutions - 2012".
According to Ukrainian magazine "Focus" National University "Odesa Law Academy" in 2011 won the first place in area of international cooperation among Ukrainian universities preparing lawyers.
The University is a member of European University Association (since 1998) and the European Public Law Association (since 2008), signatory of Magna Charta Universitatum (since 2004).
In July 2012 National University “Odesa Law Academy” became a winner of Council of Europe competition TEMPUS “Support of innovations through improvement of regulatory framework for higher education in Ukraine”in consortium with Lunds University (Sweden), Coventry University (United Kingdom) for sum of 730 582 Euro.