Today, the National University “Odessa Academy of Law” is one of the centers of legal education and science in Ukraine being a leading higher educational institution in the sphere of law, heir to glorious traditions of Odessa National Academy of Law.
By the decision of the State Accreditation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the university was granted the license and certificate entitling to perform educational activity according to the IV, highest level of accreditation (including for foreign citizens) on the level of qualification requirements to the specialist, Master of law.
The National University “Odessa Academy of Law” is the successor to the rich traditions of Odessa school of law, the history of which is enrooted back to the year of 1847 (the time of the foundation of the law faculty of the Richelieu lyceum – the first higher educational institution in Odessa). In 1865, the law faculty became part of the Imperial Novorossiysk University. In 1997, the year which marked 150 years of legal science and education in Odessa, the Law Institute of Odessa State University was transformed into Odessa State Academy of Law. And one year later, the university acquired membership at European University Association; in 2000, the Academy was granted the status of a national higher educational institution.